Friday 4, 2022
Friday Dispatch: Politics in New York is heating up! Poloncarz is clinging to his so-called emergency powers, Republicans are fighting tooth-and-nail against gerrymandering, and candidates are declaring races across Erie County. This mid-term election is setting up to be an exciting year for Republicans, and we need you now more than ever to make our mission a success.
- Poloncarz clings to “Emergency Powers”: On Thursday, Feb 3rd, Democrats in the Erie County Legislature defied common sense and voted to continue Poloncarz’s Emergency Powers. The Republican minority caucus forced Democrats to take the ugly vote and are have pledged to keep on the pressure. Click here to read more.
- NEW MAPS: Republican leadership called out Kathy Hochul and Democrat hypocrisy for gerrymandering Congressional, State Senate, and Assembly maps across New York this past week. –> NY POST-Democrats move to cut NY’s House Republican delegation by half in new redistricting plan: State Republican Party Chairman Nick Langworthy slammed the plans as a “brazen and outrageous attempt at rigging the election to keep Nancy Pelosi as speaker.” He added, “Democrats are circumventing the will of the people.” Read the full article here.–> Buffalo News–GOP lambastes ‘gerrymandering’ of state districts, promises lawsuit: ECGOP Executive Director Jesse Prieto told the Buffalo News, “It is abundantly clear that massive GOP gains across Erie County in 2021 have scared Democrats from Larkinville to Albany enough that they diced up towns like Lancaster and buoyed districts to Buffalo to try and tilt the scales.” Full the article here.–> TO SEE NEW MAPS CLICK HERE: New York State Maps
- OpEd from Congressman Chris Jacobs (R) – Hochul and the State Legislature should repeal bail reform, protect our communities: I call on the New York State Legislature to repeal these policies immediately and for Congress to pass legislation like the SERVE Act to better support our law enforcement officers and the safety of our communities”. Read the full letter from Congressman Jacobs here.
- Police union slams N.Y. Assemblywoman over ‘anti cop’ comments, comparing NYPD to Nazis: As if we needed more evidence that the Democrat Party has turned their back on Law enforcement, after the funeral for Officer James Rivera, Assemblywoman Yuh-Line Niou (D-Manhattan) pushed a meme on Twitter comparing the police funeral procession to a photo of a Nazi parade. This came at the same time as the Assemblywoman criticized NYPD officers for using public transportation, saying that their presence intimidated the public! Click here to read the full article.
- Congresswoman Claudia Tenny (R) announces campaign for New 23rd Congressional District: In her written statement Tenny said, “Democrats in Albany are targeting me because they know I’ll continue to stand up to Nancy Pelosi, Joe Biden, and Kathy Hochul’s radical agenda. I have a strong conservative record of advocating for our Upstate values…” Read the full article here.